This article details the steps that need to be taken in order to setup your Technicolor TG589vn using NAT for FTTC.
1. First of all you need to plug your router into the power and directly into the phone line, then power it on. Wait for the lights to turn on.
2. Connect your device to the router. This could be done by:
- Connecting an ethernet cable to a computer
- Connecting to the wireless network.
The network SSID and password are supplied with the router.
If connecting via ethernet, skip to step 5.
3. Connect to the wireless network.
4. Enter the "Wireless Key" that is shown on the card supplied with the router.
5. Once you are connected to the router you may get a pop up box, if you do close the box. Open up a browser window and then type the routers address into the address bar and press enter. The routers address can be found on the card that came with the router, it it normally "192.168.1.254".
6. Once you've gone to the router address through a browser you will get a page with information about the router, from here navigate to the bottom of the page and click "Advanced Options".
7. The router will now advise you to secure you router by entering a password. You can select "Ask me later" if you wish to skip this step, however we highly recommend setting a password as soon as it is convenient for security reasons.
8. On the left hand menu select "Technicolor Gateway".
9. Below the information click the task "Setup my Technicolor Gateway".
10. Now select the relevant boxes to match the image below.
11. Click on "Next". Leave the next page as default and click "Skip".
Once the steps have been completed, your Techinicolor TG589vn will be setup for FTTC broadband.
Please get in touch with our support team if you require further assistance.