In this article we will show you how to add exceptions to the firewall, when using Windows 8.
1. Firstly, when on the start menu, right-click to show the All apps button and then click on it.
2. Navigate to Control Panel.
3. When viewing by Large Icons, click on Windows Firewall.
4. In the left hand menu, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
5. You are required to click on Change Settings before any changes can be made.
6. Now you can click on Allow another app...
7. Select an app from the list you would like to allow through the firewall and click on Add.
8. Finally, you are able to choose whether you want to allow the app access through the firewall on private or public connections.