This article outlines the steps necessary for setting up your Billion BiPAC 7800 for ADSL, using NAT.
1. First of all, you'll need to connect your router to your computer, via an ethernet cable.
2. Once connected, open up a web browser and browse to the router's IP address.
This is 192.168.1.254
This will load the web interface for your router and enable you to configure it. You will be asked to enter the credentials for the router. The default username and password is admin, for both.
3. Now that you are into the web interface, click on Quick Start in the main menu on the left hand side.
4. Choose Ethernet as the Main Port. Click Continue.
5. Now it's time to configure that WAN interface of your connection. Firstly, enter the username and password supplied in your broadband welcome email. The Connection Type should be PPPoE and the MTU 1432. IPv6 should not be enabled. Finally, give the service a name like "FTTC". Click Continue.
Your Billion BiPAC 7800 should now be configured for FTTC connections, using NAT. You will then have a chance to configure your wireless network.
Once you have finished the setup for the wireless network, your router will restart and then you will be able to assign routed IP addresses.
6. From the home status page, click on Configuration in the main menu, followed by WAN. Click on Edit for the Eth Interface Service item.
7. You are then able to uncheck the NAT box and check the Static IPv4 box. You can then enter an IP address for the router. Click Apply.